What a great night it was! This past Friday, Jackman was alive with Harvest Fest, our annual celebration of the gardens, eco-initiatives, and autumn season! We welcomed families and community members to celebrate the start of the new school year. There was something for everyone…dancing, enjoying baked treats, popcorn and lemonade, bobbing for apples, taking home pumpkins and books, making crafts, and meet your new Jackman School Council (JSC) members as we served chili and hot dogs!
As always, an event like this cannot happen without the incredible support of the contributors and super volunteers!
A big THANK YOU to:
- All bakers for the delicious treats
- Parents for volunteering to help with the bake sale, book sale and serving 500+ hotdogs
- All the chefs for making over 25 pots of chili
- Families for donating books and free cycle items
- Grade 6 ambassador students and parents for helping in the craft room
- Kitchen crew parents for cleaning crockpots and moving chili to and from the serving station in the GPR
- The caretakers for helping set up and clean up after this event
- All the students for making the scarecrows that greeted Harvest Fest attendees in front of the school
- Mr. Cressman and the eco-team students who helped everyone sort the waste
- The super dance music provided all night long by DJ Karen Pace
- Shelia and Gambles Ontario Produce for delivering pumpkins, apples and lemons
- Helen, “Lemonade Dave” and crew for serving 450 cups of lemonade
- The teachers and administration for supporting this event
- Our High school student volunteers for serving popcorn and overseeing “bobbing for apples”
- Everyone else who volunteered their time, enthusiasm and cleanup skills
- AND everyone who came out to celebrate, including parents, students, teachers and Jackman administration, and our local politicians.
Many, many thanks everyone and Happy Halloween!
Outdoor Education/Environment Committee and 2018-2019 Jackman School Council