- Support existing equity related initiatives at the school
- Raise the profile of equity initiatives at school events (assemblies, curriculum night, etc.)
- Recognize TDSB policy regarding ethno-cultural equity
- Support/develop initiatives that educate parent community and encourage parent involvement
- Liaise with administration and report to council on issues children are dealing with on equity related matters (racism, homophobia, etc.)
- Coordinate committee meetings, educational initiatives (equity carousel), support teachers (resources)
- Liaise with the incoming Chairs to ensure smooth transition
Equity Committee Mandate: Building a school community which embraces our differences.
- Annual equity assembly / carousel
- Purchase of equity resource materials for the classrooms
- Promotion of equity training for teachers
The teacher lead for equity is TBA.