Harvest Fest is a Jackman Public School tradition, where we come together as a community to celebrate our eco-school initiatives, the gardens and the exciting start of a new school year. There will be chili and hotdogs served, baked goods to enjoy, pumpkins to take home for your Halloween festivities, and preloved books and other goods. We’ll have dancing, bobbing for apples and other fun activities. Harvest Fest is a pay-what-you-can event. All donations will go toward covering our event costs and supporting our Field of Dreams initiative.
The 2018 Harvest Fest is Friday October 26th
5:30 – 8:00pm
Stick around for our Clean-Up After Party too!
We need your help to put on this amazing event!
Harvest Fest is a Jackman School Council-led event, but we can’t do it alone. Want to help make Harvest Fest a success? Here are some things we need people to volunteer for:
- Make some delicious (nut-free) treats for our bake sale
- Make a crock pot of chilli to share at Harvest Fest
- Donate books for our pre-loved book sale
- Donate costumes, sporting and dance gear, skates, boots and other items for our free-cycle tables (donations will be accepted in the school foyer)
- Volunteer to help sell pumpkins, operate the book sale and free-cycle, serve food, etc.
- Help us set up and/or clean up on the day of the event
- Connect us to high school students looking for community volunteer hours!
Monday, October 22 – Make a Scarecrow!
In preparation for Harvest Fest, we will be making scarecrows with classrooms at the front of the school on October 22. Please come out and join in the fun!
Email Rolf Struthers (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to volunteer your help.
Email Jennifer Proos (email@example.com) if you want to make some chili for Harvest Fest.
Email Liz Eustace (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your offers of nut-free baked goods for our bake sale.